The Wausau School District recognizes that, in addition to the District’s schools, non-profit community organizations offer engaging and enriching programs, activities, and events to students. As a courtesy to non-profit community organizations, the District allows information/materials that meet the criteria outlined below to be shared with students and families through E-Flyers.
Organizations wishing to post an e-flyer must submit their contact information and e-flyer in PDF format to:
For questions, please call the Communications Department at 715-261-0555.
Flyers are posted within days of receipt and are emailed to parents twice per month around the 1st and the 15th. Posted flyers indicate approval.
For families without internet access, up to 50 flyers may be made available for individual schools. It is the organization’s responsibility to provide the copies. Flyers must be pre-sorted and packaged by school for delivery by District courier. Sorted and packaged information may be delivered to the Longfellow Administration Center located at 415 Seymour Street, Wausau WI 54403. Flyers may be dropped off during normal business hours on Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Requests must include the disclaimer: This is not a Wausau School District sponsored activity and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the school district or its personnel.
- Requests must originate from a non-profit community organization and must display the name of the sponsoring organization.
- Programs/activities/events serve PreK-12 school-age children.
- Programs/activities/events do not violate laws, ordinances, or District policies and procedures.
- Flyers do not contain advertising or promote a product or service that is generally open to the public as an income-generating or for-profit business activity, including those being offered at special rates or discounts to attract school-age customers/ consumers and their families (e.g., restaurants, hotels, entertainment venues, etc.).
- Programs/activities/events do not recruit Wausau School District students to attend a non-Wausau School District program/activity/event during regular school hours during the school year.
- Flyers do not request information from students and families (e.g., surveys and questionnaires).
- Flyers do not promote or oppose political candidates, memberships, or issues.
- Flyers do not contain language that is obscene, lewd, vulgar, libelous or that is intimidating, demeaning, harassing, threatening on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability.
- The District will not be held liable for incorrect information appearing on flyers.
- The District reserves the right to discontinue or retract flyers.